Here is the interview Dr Jackie Kickish has been so wonderful to complete for us!! I am so excited to share my first interview with you all!! As a special gift to my group she is including her free e-book!! Just follow the link at the end of the interview to get her Thriving at Home Guide!! This is such a great resource for our current situation, but also because mothers are much much more effective during their time at home to work out at home. It is great to have options with your work out routine and this adds so much great information! Without further ado……
Interview for Dr Jackie Kickish.
More info on Dr Jackie Kickish at
1. Are you able to give a brief intro and describe your experience and background?
My name is Jackie and I’m a wife, mother of 3 young children and wine lover! I’ve been a physical therapist for over 10 years, and I’ve always been passionate about health and wellness. However, after having 3 children, there were many new challenges and frustrations that arose and I honestly struggled for a while. Once I was able to navigate through those hurdles with my health, weight and energy postpartum, I realized I wanted to help other busy moms with their health goals.
2.) What makes you so passionate about this type of work through your website and Facebook page?
I love the idea of helping and inspiring moms locally and all over the world. With the power of online resources, you can connect and build a relationship with countless women.
I’m passionate to provide effective and quick workouts that can be done with little to no equipment because obviously, as busy mothers, many of us do not have the time to go to the gym. I workout at home and my kids love joining me!
I truly want to help moms because I went through my own struggles postpartum. Women need a community that will support them when they need it the most!
3. I know that you are very experienced in patient care, how does your background relate to the info you are sharing with us today?
As a doctor in physical therapy, I have deep knowledge of the human body, how it moves and works. Extensive knowledge of exercises through my degree and experience in the health and wellness field over the past 11 years. I’m also in the process of completing a course in which I will become a certified pregnancy and postpartum corrective exercise specialist.
4. If there were three top pieces of advice for my readers, what would they be?
- Leading a healthy lifestyle does not mean depriving yourself of your favorite foods. I love chocolate, wine and ice cream. But, I know I have to eat it in moderation. It is about portion control!
- Listen to your body. Don’t rush to get “back into shape” after having a baby. Take your time, make sure you give your body AND mind time to heal. Do Not compare yourself to others!
- STOP the mom guilt. After having twins and returning to work, I wanted to spend every free minute with them. Which meant any free time for myself to work out or reflect did not happen. It took awhile for me to realize this was not healthy and I needed to make time for myself. It is NOT selfish for you to take the time to care for yourself!
5. How does your practice relate to holistic health principles?
I believe that health and wellness also includes your mental and emotional state. It is just not about your physical health or losing weight. This is especially true when becoming a mother. Your mental and emotional state is just as important, if not more than your physical state. As a new mom, with the changes in hormones, you definitely reach new highs and lows. It can be difficult navigating through this time, which is why it is so important for women to have a strong support system and seek help if they are struggling. I strongly believe having a well balanced healthy lifestyle, physically, emotionally and mentally is essential to being the best mother and wife you can be.
6. Is there anything else you would like to add?
My mission is for moms to feel strong and confident they can do anything they desire. It is not about fitting into a certain size pants or having a bikini ready body. It’s about running with your kids in the yard or going hiking.
You can follow me on social media for more workout and health tips!
FB: Dr. jackie kickish
Hope you enjoy the Thriving at Home e-book which includes recipes and at home workouts!
For more information on EFeatherproject please look at the Facebook group . Efeatherproject blog would like to extend a sincere thanks for this guest post from Dr Jackie Kickish. https://www.facebook.com/groups/721002735073933/